Your privacy is very important to us at Cloverdex, and so is being transparent about the types of data we collect about you when you use our website or services, or interact with us in any other way. This policy is here to help you understand how we collect, use, share and protect any personal information we gather about you. It is also clear about the choices you have over how we process your data, including how you can access or request any changes to the information we have about you.
Types of information we collect about you
When you use our website, or interact with us through our services, there are certain types of information we may collect from you along the way.
Information you provide to us directly: We collect information about you when you provide it to us voluntarily. This could be when you subscribe to our newsletter, send us correspondence, contact us through our various website forms or otherwise provide it directly to us. This type of information includes but is not limited to:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Location details – e.g. country, city or town of residence
- Phone number
- Professional details – e.g. information provided in the process of proposing a potential projects
- Experience – including employment and personal experience relevant to any job application you submit to us.
- Other information you provide through our support channels
This information is used to provide the platform services you have signed up for, and is handled in compliance with relevant legislation and/or legal agreements.
Information we collect from you automatically when you use our services: When you interact with our website or other services, we may receive and store certain information automatically. This includes technical data your browser sends when you use a website – such as IP address, browser type and version, device ID, time zone setting and location.
Third party analytics
We use third party analytics tools, including Google Analytics, to collect certain information about your visits to our website and services. These tools help us keep a record of information, including the pages our users access, the documents they download, links from other sites they follow to reach the Cloverdex site, and the type of browser they use. These types of information help us improve our services, and is generally only used for statistical and website development purposes. We may store this type of information or it may be included in databases owned and maintained by affiliates or service providers. You can find out more information about Google analytics here.
Types of cookies:
- Session cookies – these expire when the browser is closed.
- Permanent cookies – these are stored on your computer after you close your browser until their expiration date, or until you delete them.
- Third-party cookies – these are placed on your browser by websites other the one you are on.
Our web analytics providers implement cookies to gather information about our website users, for the purposes which we outlined above.
How we use information we collect about you
How we use the information we collect about you will depend on which Cloverdex services you are using, as well as the preferences you have selected during your engagement with these services.
The information we collect about you is processed by us, or by third party affiliates, who have an equivalent or stronger privacy regime to that described in this policy. We use your information for the following types of purposes:
- To provide you with services and personalize your experience on the site;
- To communicate effectively with you or provide you with specialized customer support services;
- To help us identify areas of the site and our services that require improvement or added efficiencies;
- To communicate with you about new project announcements, events or new service or product offerings;
- To help direct our marketing, promote our services and drive engagement with our platform and services;
- To help make improvements and administer the website; or
- To inform you of general Cloverdex news updates (if you have provided your consent for us to do so).
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users): If you are an individual currently located in the European Economic Area (EEA), Cloverdex is the ‘data controller’ of your personal information under applicable EU law. We collect and process information about you only where we have the legal basis for doing so. This legal basis will depend on which part of our website or services you use, and how you use them.
This means we collect and use your information only where:
You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest, such as for research and development or delivering the platform or services (but only if your rights and obligations do not override the legitimate interest);
- We need to process your data to comply with our legal obligations
If you have consented to our use of your information you have the right to change your mind at any time, although please keep in mind this will not affect any processing that’s already taken place.
How we share any information we collect about you
We will only share your personal information with third parties in the following types of circumstances:
- Within Cloverdex itself – e.g. in order to improve the website or deliver the services;
- With one of our trusted third party service providers to fulfil any of the purposes listed above, and only in accordance with our instructions; or
- When you have given us your consent to do so.
We may share your information with trusted third party service providers in order to deliver the services you have signed up for, or to market additional services to you. Please be aware that some of these providers may recieve or store your information in an overseas jurisdiction. We will not sell your information to any third parties or advertisers, including for marketing purposes.
We may disclose relevant information with courts or law enforcement authorities if we are legally compelled to do so. We may also use this information to defend or exercise our legal rights.
Links to other websites
You should note that these external links are placed on the site in a format which allows us to track the number of people following the links.
Where we store your information
We collect information from wherever you are located around the globe, and will primarily store that information on servers located and operated in Hong Kong. This means we may transfer, process and store your information outside of your country of residence, to wherever we, or our third-party service providers operate. We take steps to protect any data we transfer. Any personal information about you that we collect and use, will be subject to the data privacy laws in place in Hong Kong. These laws will different, and in some cases less protective than those that apply to you in your country of residence.
How we keep the information we collect secure
Cloverdex takes the security of your personal information very seriously. We take all possible steps to help protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Any personal data is secured on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment using appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures. Where your personal information flows through our trusted third party service providers, we cannot guarantee the security measures they may employ.
While we do implement appropriate safeguards, no security system is impenetrable. Due to the inherent nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee that data is absolutely safe from third party interference, either during transmission or during the time it is stored on our systems.
We have established procedures to detect any real or suspected data breaches and act in accordance with legal obligations. In the event of a breach, we have dedicated response plans which outline the requisite engagement with regulatory bodies, and the circumstances in which we will need to notify you (in the event your personal information is impacted).
Storage of data
We only collect personal information that is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, and will only store this data for a period of time reasonably necessary to provide the services (or the period set by relevant legal provisions).
How to access and control your personal information
As a user of our website or other services, you have certain rights available which give you more control over how we process and use your personal information. The following are some of these rights:
- You can request access to your personal information and be informed
- You can request to have your information corrected or updated if it is found to be inaccurate;
- If you gave us your consent to process your data, you can withdraw your consent at any time (this will not affect any processing that has already taken place);
- You can request that we delete your data under certain circumstances;
- You can restrict us from processing certain personal information
- You can request to have your data transferred to another organisation
- You can object to our use of your information, including for marketing purposes.
If you are an EEA resident, you can make a complaint to the relevant Data Protection Authority, which can be found here.
Opting out of communications
You can always unsubscribe from any of our marketing or service communications by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails, by updating your preferences, or by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember you can also unsubscribe from any unwanted communications with third parties using the same processes.
Other important information
Our policy towards children
Our website and services are aimed at general audiences, and are not directed at anyone under the age of 16. If it is brought to our attention that we have collected the personal information of someone under the age of 16, we will take every effort to delete it from our databases as soon as possible.
How to contact us